No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Hi Newbie here needing help..hope to see a lot of you!! ID = Fidenza  (Read 2642 times)

Offline mcbobbin

• Members
I have been a "dabbler" in collecting assorted glass, china, etc. I frequent a local auction that has some nice finds....and as we're in the boonies, the patrons rarely care about the value.  I generally buy things that appeal to me, and then look online to see if there's any inherent value in the items....basically, I buy what I love because I love it, and finding out if its valuable is a nice plus!

I purchased what seems to be a demitasse set a few months back. I love love love its angular looks, and I love using it when company comes by for cappuccinos. There are four larger square plates, four smaller square saucers, and four small cups with very squared off handles.

But, despite every glass makers mark book I've read, I can't find the maker.  It seems to be pressed glass, and is most likely not worth much. I bought the whole set for $5.00 US, and I won't be crushed to find that its worth even less than that  :P  because I love it anyway... but I like knowing the story behind the things I own.

On the bottom, it is marked ITALY in all caps.

Above that is a star, with a circle in the middle, and in that circle is what appears to be a capital SP.

Any ideas?  I would post a picture, but because its clear glass, it won't photograph legibly. I'll try to post a picture of one of the settings anyway.

Thanks so much in advance for any help. I really do appreciate it, and I was very excited to find this site.  I hope to hear from you all more as time goes on (and as I continue visiting this auction)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Hi! Newbie here needing help....hope to see a lot of you!!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 06:01:55 PM »
Hi Welcome to the board. Try photographing your glass on and against a matt black or dark navy blue background. That seems to work for clear glass. I suggest you use here http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/ to post any picture. It was created for the message board

Offline mcbobbin

• Members
thanks
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 06:15:31 PM »
Thanks Lustrousstone!  I tried, but the quality just didn't come out well....Plus we haven't had company in a while and they're really dirty!! ( :o  )  But this might give you an idea...

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-2482

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-2481

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 06:34:35 PM »
Hi there :P   The mark sounds like Fidenza.

Link here with ref. to Fidenza.
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,2305.msg16803.html#msg16803

Also, if you search Fidenza there are a couple more references too. :P
Anne E.B

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 06:40:44 PM »
That was quick, don't worry they're not too bad at all. I see Anne has already come up with a thought

Offline mcbobbin

• Members
Thanks Anne E.B.
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 06:44:26 PM »
WOWZER!!  I didn't think I'd hear back from anyone for a few days!  So, real quick checking on my part....if it is Fidenza, then at least I didn't get fleeced!  $5.00 ain't too far from real value!  :lol:

Offline Officinaquack

• Members
  • Bormioli, Fidenza Vetraria, Saivo, Covetro...
    • Glassware
    • Italy
Re: Hi! Newbie here needing help....hope to see a lot of you!!
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2020, 08:59:26 AM »
Fidenza Vetraria

range: Mina

first year on catalogue: 1972
out: 1980

Regards

Gab

ps.
Love that serie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia