No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Kastrup smokey Grey Vase - 40s-50s - Any Info Appreciated....  (Read 2544 times)

Offline Greg.

• Members
Hi All,

Please excuse the picture quality! -  Hoping to try and find a little bit more info regarding the design and designer of this Kastrup vase, in a smokey grey colour.

Has its Kastrup paper label to the base, looking at Andy McConnell's 20TH Century Glass the paper label would date this vase to between 1940-56.

Mould-blown thin glass, measuring just over 10 inches in height.  Any info appreciated.

Many thanks,
Greg

Offline Wayne

• Members
    • 20th Century Glass
Re: Kastrup smokey Grey Vase - 40s-50s - Any Info Appreciated....
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 10:29:38 AM »
Hi Greg, I don't know if this will help, I just had a look through www.hardernet.dk, but the only thing I could find similar was in the "OLIVENGRØN" range by Jacob E Bang, 1960, see bottom of page, middle catalgoue page:

http://www.hardernet.dk/Artglass/Oliven_serie-Jacob_E._Bang_KG_1960.htm

Maybe they were also made in smoke?

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 11:17:49 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply Wayne, the links very useful indeed.

I see the image in the bottom picture, it does indeed look very similar if not exactly the same.  Is that the size and shape information underneath the image, I can't make it out, as the text is very small...?

I was wondering if this was a design by Jacob E Bang, although were a little concerned about the date of the paper label. I see that Jacob E Bang became director at Kastrup in 1957 and this paper label appears to be in use until 1957..? Do you know if this label was in use after 1957..?

The paper label I'm looking at is the second Kastrup one on page 139 of Andy McConnels 20th Century Glass.

Thanks again Wayne.

Greg

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 11:34:25 AM »
I think this range fits better colourwise (and the vase on the first pic has the same label as far as I can see):
http://www.hardernet.dk/Artglass/Sort_roegfarvet_serie-Jacob_E._Bang_KG_1960.htm

Michael

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 03:51:26 PM »
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the info, seems like a good match.

My Danish is pretty non existent, however, according to google translate its 'Jacob E Bang 'Smoked BLACK SERIES' which sounds spot on.

Thanks again Wayne and Michael, much appreciated.

:)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand