No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Scandi or not? One ? Two yes. Three no!  (Read 17824 times)

Offline robbo

• Members
  • London, England
Scandi or not? One ? Two yes. Three no!
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2006, 07:40:17 PM »
Quote from: "Lustrousstone"
...and I know where there's brown-centred one :shock:

Go for it!!
robbo

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2006, 10:41:15 PM »
Hiya, I have a brown centred bark/ice textured platter by Humppila - the designer's name is Pertti Santalahti if that helps at all in your search for information,  Pip

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2006, 06:09:27 AM »
Thanks Pip

Offline robbo

• Members
  • London, England
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2006, 05:57:18 PM »
Christine -

Check out this auction for your vase:
http://www.huuto.net/fi/showitem.php3?itemid=36094681

It has the same label as the "cactus" dish I just posted in another thread:
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,7042.0.html
My label:
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-3334

robbo
robbo

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2006, 07:06:48 PM »
You're a star, brilliant. I suspect my plates are Lasisepat as well, they were bougt from the same person and have the same textured base. :lol:  :lol:

Offline robbo

• Members
  • London, England
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2006, 08:28:25 PM »
Christine,
I suppose it's just luck really! The woman in the shop seemed quite surprised that I actually wanted the "cactus" bowls :shock: . Unpriced & only 50p each :lol:

I'll certainly be searching on huuto periodically to try and see some of Lasisepät's other output!

robbo
robbo

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2006, 06:15:10 PM »
Another mystery solved  :D The daisy bowl is actually "made by Nazeing Glass, designed by Roger Phillippo Des RCA, mid 1980's part of the Wild Rose Collection, possibly lead crystal (if it rings!)." S. Pollock-Hill  from Nazeing Glass

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Scandi or not? One ? Two yes. Three no!
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2008, 05:41:17 PM »
Another variant from the Nazeing Wild Rose range. This time, a flared out bowl

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2011, 08:46:21 PM »
I've just seen an auction on our favourite site of a little Lasisepat bowl that says the label reads
'Taidelasi Sepat Oy Mantsala'
Ivo, I'm not sure if I remembered this right, but I thought I read you had not come across this maker (sorry if I am wrong but there were so many threads and comments and I haven't been back through them all) - I just wondered why this seems to be possibly the same maker but different labels? - if you take the end of the first word Lasi (glass?) and add it to the second (mm not sure what that means) then it makes Lasisepat, which is what is on the label on one of the pieces on this thread.
m

Offline px

• Members
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 02:28:37 PM »
It definitely looks like the same factory. I have seen at least three types of labels either with LASISEPÄT or Taidelasisepät Oy which seems to have been the actual name of the company (functional 1978-2003). They probably used the word Lasisepät just for short. "Taide" = art, "Lasi" = glass, "Sepät" = plural of a smith i.e. lasisepät = "glass smiths"
Anyway, all of the labels share the same stylized flame type red logo.
A lot of different types of flower shaped small bowls can still be found around. Also by googling with any combination of the words.

PS. a little more googling makes me guess they changed something already in 1987 as they had something to do with Lasilandia named place in a place called Lievestuore. And nowadays a company called Art Glass in Laukaa seems to be the follower.
(here's a picture from a plate being sold at the moment in huuto.net http://www.aijaa.com/v.php?i=6707755.jpg )

"Art Glass matkailukeskus laukaanhovi (Taidelasisepät 1978-, Lasilandia 1987-, Art Glass 1994-)"
  says a book made of votives.
http://www.suomenlasimuseo.fi/Suomen-Lasimuseo/Ylavalikko/Museomyymala/Nayttelyjulkaisut/Tuikkujen-pikkujattilainen/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand