No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Chance transfers, old cars...  (Read 2185 times)

Offline keith

• Members
Chance transfers, old cars...
« on: January 22, 2016, 02:05:41 PM »
For 50p couldn't leave them on the shelf, two of them are on Chance plates I have but not the red and green ( Daimler ) oh dear just picked up my lens while typing and what I thought said 'Made in England' on the base says ' Made in France' !!! :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Chance transfers, old cars...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 02:48:29 PM »
Should have gone to... 8)

Offline David E

• Author
  • Members
    • Heart of the Country, England
    • ChanceGlass.net
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 03:09:29 PM »
 8) There's a lot of glassware out there with the vintage and veteran car transfers, but I only know of Chance that used them on trays (18 in all), although there are some anomalies out there - see pp.81,105, Chance Additions. All other glassware appears to be made by other companies.

Also worth remembering that the trays were being produced from 1959 until c.1990 (by Fiesta Glass) so there's plenty of them out there.
David
► Chance Additions ◄
The 2nd volume of the domestic glassware of Chance Brothers
Contact ► Cortex Design ◄ to order any book

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 05:33:51 PM »
I really should take my glasses with me  ::) oh well I don't have much French glass so I'll fit them in somewhere  ;D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand