No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Val St Lambert - Just for show...  (Read 4048 times)

Offline Anne Tique

• Members
    • Kingdom of Belgium
    • https://www.pinterest.com/annetiquebe/
Re: Val St Lambert - Just for show...
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2018, 11:56:04 AM »
Hello everybody,

I was hoping if anybody could tell me something about this type of glass, that I know of but am unfamiliar with.

I did not know VSL did neodymium glass, just for fun I tried under uv light to see what happens and the thing lits up but all violet. This vase dates from the period 1951-1958 and it shows blue on the image, but as I'm standing next to it, the colour is fluorescent pink. On the image in the dark, you can see some pink on the left, while actually the whole vase has this colour but for some reason does not come through on the photo. Is it normal for this type of glass to react like that under uv light?

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2018, 06:08:47 PM »
Nice one. Neodymium glass should look different colours in fluorescent and incandescent light. I don't know what that UV effect is but lead crystal often looks bluish under UV

Offline Anne Tique

• Members
    • Kingdom of Belgium
    • https://www.pinterest.com/annetiquebe/
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2018, 09:54:38 PM »
Thanks for that Christine, I did not know.

Next to a lamp it gets an aqua marine like colour. Again, doesn't  show well but the colour is throughout the piece.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2018, 09:26:01 PM »
 ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Look for glass on
ebay.co.uk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia