No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Follow up to the bark vase - Ingridglas  (Read 3904 times)

Offline Deb of Oz

• Members
Follow up to the bark vase - Ingridglas
« on: July 26, 2006, 11:43:54 PM »
Another question about the bark vase. Everything about Ingridglas is in German and refers to ebay entries.

Do people buy Ingridglas?
Why?
Is it a 'quality' glass, or 'kitchen kitsch' (eg Ikea).
It sold for very little - postage probably cost more. How much should it sell for?

Thanks
Deb

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 07:42:17 AM »
Hi Deb,  :lol:

Do people buy Ingridglas?
Well, I have 3 pieces, all textured.
Why?
I bought them as I liked them. The main reason I tend to buy all my pieces.
Is it quality?
In Ivo's book, Millers Glass Fact File A-Z (which is very good btw), he states that Ingridglas (Germany) makes glass for florists.
I also tried googling yesterday and found no information at all, other than pieces for sale on German ebay.
The pieces that I have are 'reasonable' in quality, heavy and well made.
I wouldn't know how much it should sell for, sorry, but I like the vase in the other thread.

Hopefully Ivo will be able to provide more information for you.
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Offline David E

• Author
  • Members
    • Heart of the Country, England
    • ChanceGlass.net
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 09:02:44 AM »
I'll simply back up everything that Della has said. They do look impressive and make an excellent, cheaper alternative to other 'barks' like WF.

But I always follow the adage: if I like it, I collect it — what's in a name? :D
David
► Chance Additions ◄
The 2nd volume of the domestic glassware of Chance Brothers
Contact ► Cortex Design ◄ to order any book

Offline Deb of Oz

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 09:02:44 AM »
The trouble is, if I bought eveything I liked, I'd have spent about A$3800 in the last 6 weeks - although that includes 2 allegedly Vicke Lindstrands, and exludes postage; plus in a live auction, a Murano, an Aussie art glass, and a whole bunch of Kosta & Orrefors. One must draw the line somewhere - I have a very small apartment.

I just have an absolute horror, as a beginner, of buying something and opening the box to find it doesn't match the pic on ebay. Someone spent $2000+ on ebay on a Whitefriars vase recently - very rich & VERY brave. I don't know I have the nerve (or space) for collecting!!

However, you have answered my question re Ingridglas. I also couldn't find anything about it, which is why I came back with another question. Many thanks.

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 09:35:04 AM »
Hi Deb,

I know what you mean about buying everything that you like.  :oops:  :lol:
I had to stop and I now concentrate mainly on glass from Finland (my favourite), although there are always pieces that crop up (textured) which I can't resist. I have now set myself a monthly limit and stick to it.

With regard to pieces for sale on ebay etc. It is quite acceptable for you to start a thread and to place a link to the live auction in question, should you want reassurance on a piece.  :wink:
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Offline Deb of Oz

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 09:36:59 AM »
Actually it was my mistake - I assumed it had sold for $15. It has now relisted at $10, but I have my eye on something else. I've noticed how pics disappear, so I thought one on flickr would last.

Thank you for giving me an idea of your limits. This all started when I thought I'd buy a few cheap & cheerful retro objects to brighten up the place now I am working from home.

Now 6 weeks later I have borrowed books from the library, gone to an auction, bought a pocket guide by Ivo Haanstra, joined a message board and surf ebay every night. Where will it end???

Offline Deb of Oz

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 01:09:30 AM »
FYI of anyone who checks this thread, the vase sold for A$10.50 when it relisted.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand