No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano Signoretto Piece  (Read 2337 times)

Offline GlassCollectorInPA

• Members
Murano Signoretto Piece
« on: July 06, 2006, 07:17:55 PM »
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I was in Murano a couple of weeks ago and bought a glass sculpture. It's a large block with a sea turtle in it and is signed "JC Signoretto". The signature looks just like Pino Signoretto's, but it's hard for me to believe this is the same guy. The piece is beautiful, but only cost $1100. So, It would be hard for me to believe that it is a piece of Pino's. Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks

Offline Artofvenice

• Members
    • http://www.artofvenice.com
Murano Signoretto Piece
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 09:30:29 AM »
Hi,

There is also the brother of Pino, Silvano, and he is a very good glassmaker too, specialized in very heavy glass. He makes several sommerso items as sea animals in cristallo blocks (similar to my ones, but my ones are nicer :-)
Alos the young son of SIlvano Signoretto start to blow glass; I have see him few days agoo at work and he looks to be a good master for the future, but may be too young for a such piece.

Anyway Signoretto is a pretty common name here and may be there is somebody else working in that style that I don't know.

Sincerely

Alex

http://www.artofvenice.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand