No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Does anyone recognise this piece of Chribska - date / designer?  (Read 2058 times)

Offline seanduxbury

• Members
Hi All.  Does anyone know anything about this piece of Chribska.  In particular date / designer?  Given to me as a birthday present recently so I can only say it was found in England.  It measures 13 cms tall 13 cms in diameter at the rim and 5 cms at the base and weighs a massive 1.6 kgs.  Gorgeous  cased cobalt blue.  Any information would be much appreciated.

Offline fontanazul

• Members
  • Kristal-Poesie
    • Czech sklo
    • Málaga - Spain
Daniel Muriel . [Kristal Poesie]

Offline seanduxbury

• Members
Re: Does anyone recognise this piece of Chribska - date / designer?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 04:03:52 PM »
Thanks. It looks very similar so I feel safe in saying that this is the same piece.  I think the numbers at the bottom relate to the pattern or design number and #4 looks as if it says 420/4/13.  I would guess that the final number 13 refers to the height, the middle number 4 is the number in the range (the others in the photo are numbered 420/1, 420/2 etc) so is it possible that the first three numbers (420) is the design number?  Just guessing though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand