No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help in identifying, please.  (Read 1728 times)

Offline Emma

• Members
Help in identifying, please.
« on: July 06, 2006, 10:23:07 PM »
I'm a novice when it comes to paperweights and on line photos, so I hope you'll help me out.  If anyone can give me information on my paperweight and the maker, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I took some pics of it inside and outside as it changes depending on the lighting.  Thank you in advance for any information you can offer.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline wrightoutlook

• Members
first things first
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 11:01:43 PM »
Where do you live? Specifically, what city, village or town; plus state (if the U.S.) or province or region for other nations.

This may help pinpoint the identity based on location of purchase, which sometimes helps. For a discussion of place of purchase ideas, go to the thread Identity Crisis.. Who Made It...? - here on the Glass Paperweights board.

Right now, there a number of American weight makers who are crafting with this technique, from Glass Eye Studios to others in Michigan, New England, and California.

It's a style of weight made famous by the Lundberg family of weight makers and by Orient And Flume when the American paperweight renaissance took off. It is NOT, however a Lundberg or an Orient & Flume.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Emma

• Members
Help in identifying, please.
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 11:26:03 PM »
Thank you for responding so quickly.  This was my grandmother's.  She lived in Virginia but traveled extensively throughout Europe.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand