No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Vintage pressed glass made in Thailand  (Read 5666 times)

Offline Retro Mojo UK

• Members
  • Been around a bit but always learning!
    • Scandinavian, English, Italian
    • UK
    • Retro Mojo
Vintage pressed glass made in Thailand
« on: March 28, 2016, 03:28:29 PM »
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone had experience, owned or handled and pressed glass made in Thailand?

I'm researching a blog post and have collected pieces from a particular range from mainly the UK but as far away as the USA, and one example has MADE IN THAILAND faintly moulded on the base but none of the others do. All pieces are from different sources and have similar wear and the right amount of grime in the bases, coupled with the style, to date them to 1970‘s, maybe 80's?

I've looked in all the usual places, 20thC Glass etc, and books, but to be frank this isn't quality glass we're talking about! It's quite ceudely pressed, not as clean as Sklo or as thin as some of the Japanese stuff, although one example I have is definitely the same design but much thinner and lighter, with smoother edges, maybe nearing the end of the life of the mould?

Many thanks
Steve :-)
Retro, Vintage, Antique and Collectable!

www.retromojo.co.uk
Twitter: @RetroMojoUK
Facebook.com/RetroMojoUK

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand