No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this a Wedgewood please  (Read 2974 times)

Offline bexhillonsea

• Members
Is this a Wedgewood please
« on: July 24, 2006, 12:55:33 PM »
Is this a Wedgewood  please

http://i7.tinypic.com/20t5bmt.jpg

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 02:35:11 PM »
Mushrooms are made by more than one company, perhaps you might like to ask the seller of eBay item: 290009835545 yourself if you're unsure.  I hope permission was granted to use their photograph here?  :)
I am not a man

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline bexhillonsea

• Members
Sorry Is this a Wedgewood please/ Sorry I am new at this
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 02:43:11 PM »
I understood I could use this forum to identify items before I bid on them on Ebay I have asked the seller if it is marked but it is not and he is unsure wether it is Doulton or Wedgewood I will not bother to use this site again I did say I was new to chatting on forums!!!

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 03:01:11 PM »
Hi "bexhillonsea",

Please don't go away so soon! Yes, the GMB can be used to check on items in eBay.

I think that Max was commenting on the fact that you had posted (in Tinypic) a personal copy of the eBay image which, although some people think it is ok to do so others, including lots of the eBay sellers, may say it's a breach of image copyright. [We have some interesting discussions on this point from time to time!]

The best thing to do for references to eBay listings is to post the actual URL, which can be copied from the address bar at the top of the Browser window.
KevinH

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 03:03:07 PM »
You are more than welcome to keep posting here.  Could I suggest using a link to the eBay auction next time?  Using people's photographs without permission could be a copyright problem otherwise.  I hope you understand, no offence intended.  :)
I am not a man

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 02:59:27 PM »
Bexhill

I'm sorry I was terse with you.  I had a blinding headache and I feel bad about it.  Just wanted to apologise really.   :)
I am not a man

Offline aa

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • http://www.adamaaronson.com
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 04:40:55 PM »
I'm afraid the photo is not clear enough to tell. Lots of people made similar. It looks like some we used to make in the Turnmill Street days, mid-eighties but too blurred to be sure either way.  :( if it is Wedgwood it should have an etched Wedgwood england mark on the base, other people's might be signed. You would need a photo of the base to be sure.
Hello & Welcome to the Board! Sometimes my replies are short & succinct, other times lengthy. Apologies in advance if they are not to your satisfaction; my main concern is to be accurate for posterity & to share my limited knowledge
For information on exhibitions & events and to see images of my new work join my Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/adamaaronsonglass
Introduction to Glassblowing course:a great way to spend an afternoon http://www.zestgallery.com/glass.

Offline bexhillonsea

• Members
Is it Wedgewood? Please
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 05:45:39 PM »
Hi Very grateful for your answers The Mushroom is not signed so I suppose it will remain a mystery Regards

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand