No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Champagne Coupe - Signed 'Moser Karlsbad'  (Read 1996 times)

Offline cutglassfan

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • cut glass
    • UK
Champagne Coupe - Signed 'Moser Karlsbad'
« on: May 26, 2016, 03:57:53 PM »
Any Moser experts/collectors out there?

Spotted this yesterday and bought it just because I liked it. Not my usual sort of purchase but it appealed to me because of the quality and the bold facet design. I know next to nothing about Moser so I just wondered what the Moser fans think of this - genuine or not? The quality is wonderful and it has some signs of age but another opinion would be much appreciated.

Jay

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Champagne Coupe - Signed 'Moser Karlsbad'
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 05:13:57 PM »
The design is Neri and it was designed in 1928, possibly by Leo Moser

Offline cutglassfan

• Members
    • cut glass
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 07:13:08 PM »
Thank you Christine for such a quick and informative reply - I wasn't expecting anything quite so specific as a pattern name and a date, so I'm thrilled. You clearly know your stuff! So, do you think it's an authentic piece of Moser glass, as far as you can tell from just photographs? It's not really what I collect and one champagne saucer isn't much use to me (and isn't really something worth displaying!) so do you think it's worth holding on to or would it be of any interest to a Moser collector?

Offline brucebanner

• Members
    • Victorian glass
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 08:48:45 PM »
There will be someone, somewhere in the world missing that glass, what it's worth to that person? depending on how many were made and for how long who knows.

Christine how do you know that this glass is what it is?, is there a book i can get my hands on with the patterns.

Regards Chris.
Chris Parry

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 06:26:44 AM »
Chris It was in the Moser 1857-1997 book published by Moser. It's very droolworthy and a big fat paperback. I bought it direct but I don't know whether it can still be found. Gary Baldwin's Moser Artistic Glass has some drinkware but is known to have errors, though in what I don't know.

Jay It certainly has some value and it's genuine. There isn't a champagne saucer shown in the book but all other aspects match the pictures (photos) in the book and the mark is spot on.  Moser collectors might be interested and there are certainly champagne saucer collectors out there. I don't so much know my stuff as have books to look in.

Offline cutglassfan

• Members
    • cut glass
    • UK
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 08:17:44 AM »
Thanks again, Christine. Well, either way, I'm very grateful to you as I would probably never have been able to find that out. I'm one of those people who just can't stop buying things, especially glass, so I have lots of stuff that I don't particularly want to keep and/or can't find space to display so I'm thinking about thinning my collection, especially if there are people out there who would better appreciate the pieces that I'd like to offload - otherwise I might end up starting a whole new collection of things I've never collected before, and then I'd be even worse off for space. I've got to start somewhere so perhaps I'll start with this one if I can get an idea of where to pitch it in terms of price. In the meantime, I'll put it away somewhere safe!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand