No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Acid etched mark on glass vase - Czechoslovakia Kralik?  (Read 4081 times)

Offline EJSLayton

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • USA
Acid etched mark on glass vase - Czechoslovakia Kralik?
« on: May 29, 2016, 04:17:50 PM »
I've looked everywhere trying to identify this mark, but came up with nothing solid. I think it's a Kralik 1930's, but need help verifying please..

Offline Gowdod

• Members
EJS,

I believe it was " made in Czechoslovakia ".

Kind Regards

Andrew

Offline EJSLayton

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • USA
I mean, is the made in cezchoslovakia marking an authentic Kralik? The only thing I could find that closely resembles the identification is this:

[Mod: screenshot of webpage removed in accordance with Board policy on using copyright images (etc). Please see the actual webpage http://www.great-glass.co.uk/glass%20notes/marki-l.htm and scroll down for the signatures under "Kralik"]

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Perhaps the mods could add'Czechoslovakia Kralik? or Welz?' to the title?
There definitely has been discussion somewhere, of the type of stamp that might have denoted Loetz,Kralik etc.
But I can't remember where I read it and it was a long time ago.

If the title is changed then perhaps Craig (Obscurities) might look in and be able to help.
It would help if the photos were directly profile side on so that the foot shape in profile can be seen.
Also dimensions of the vase would be good.

I can't help but was thinking perhaps also Welz or Ruckl for consideration?

m

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Acid etched mark on glass vase - Czechoslovakia Kralik?
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 06:10:47 AM »
A close up of the mark might help too please. At the moment, we've got lots of foot and not enough mark

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 06:40:05 AM »
As I remember from many years ago (before there were mesage boards, only email rings), the circular Czechoslovakia stamp is only found in the USA, and mainly (never say only!) On Kralik vases.  If this knowledge has meanwhile been confirmed or refuted I do not know.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 06:15:02 AM »
I think that is still valid - semi circular Czechoslovakias are attributed to Kralik. There are also straight Czechoslovakia marks used by another company(ies), very occasionally I have seen a straight Czechoslovakia mark here in Britain but never yet a curved example.

John

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand