No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Harbridge crystal glasses for sale  (Read 2784 times)

Offline german.uy

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • english crystal glass
    • Uruguay
Harbridge crystal glasses for sale
« on: June 09, 2016, 05:52:33 PM »
Hi, I'm from Uruguay and i have some of this glasses and i would like to sell it...but i don't know how much does it costs...? sorry if my english is not to good...my native language is spanish...thank you.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: HELP
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 06:30:51 PM »
Hola German y bienvenido en el glass message board.
primeramente no discutamos valores aqui porque son muy subjectivos y pueden cambiar de dia al dia y de lugar en lugar. Tu precio se hace valable quando el objecto es vendido - sin garantizar que el mismo precio se puede realizar al dia siguiente.

Pues, se trata de copas a whisky de bien calidad. Un par es mas cara que un sencilla. 

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: HELP
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 06:31:20 PM »
Hello and welcome.  :)
I am afraid I only speak english, I'm not as good at languages as you are.

I am going to ask a moderator to move your post to the correct forum, "the marketplace", but do not worry about this, you're new here.   :)

We do not normally discuss values, we like to talk about glass and identifying it here.

However, you have some glasses by a good company whose work is hard to find, Harbridge. I think somebody here might be interested in buying them from you.
But you will have to wait and see if somebody contacts you and arrange a sale privately.

Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Harbridge crystal glasses for sale
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 08:59:46 AM »
yes, wish I was a cunning linguist like Ivo.

Harbridge Crystal Co., Ltd.  -  the following may be of interest or help regarding this post, and is taken from Nigel Benson's text and abbreviated somewhat in the interests of saving space   ......

Short-lived firm from 1924 - 1966, with break for WWII reducing their production time even further.             Made glass blanks for others initially, but their production ceased in 1955 (leasing space to Webb & Corbett's) subsequently concentrating on decorating work.       Two years later W.& C. absorbed them.            In common with other smaller Stourbridge manufacturers, little is known of their output, which overshadowed by larger major glass companies.            Did make much traditional material, also some contemporary and stylish designs equal to some of the better known companies of the period.     

Acid backstamp should read     HARBRIDGE
                                              ENGLAND 

with acknowledgment, thanks and all credit due to Nigel Benson for this information. :)     

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand