No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Angus & Greener Rd. 228782 - 20th April 1869  (Read 887 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Angus & Greener Rd. 228782 - 20th April 1869
« on: June 13, 2016, 09:23:25 PM »
did have a quick Search on the Board for this Registration but not aware of seeing it, so hope I haven't doubled up.

You can see from the attached Kew picture that Rd. 228782 was based on an unlidded 'sugar basin', not the creamer in my picture - showing that, unusually, it was the decoration that was being protected by this Registration, and not the shape.             The diamonds on the upper half of the piece have a sort of cross cutting, whereas those below are left plain - and all pieces so decorated would have been protected under Registration 228782  -  although how many different shapes occur in this suite I've no idea.

The lozenge in this creamer is on the bottom of the inside, and unfortunately is not clear so assume this not an early pressing, but it's an attractive design with the imitation notches on the handle and the underside incidentally has those concentric circles.
Sorry the Kew picture is lacking in clarity  -  the original image appears to have been submitted in the form of a sepia photograph.

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Pressed glass 1840-1900
    • Wales
Re: Angus & Greener Rd. 228782 - 20th April 1869
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 01:26:11 PM »
Thank you for showing these, Paul.

I can't find any other records of this design being pictured elsewhere - a rare piece indeed.

Fred.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand