No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Need help IDing glass loon with signature on bottom...  (Read 487 times)

Offline westred

• Members
  • Real Murano ONLY comes from Murano, Italy!
Need help IDing glass loon with signature on bottom...
« on: June 13, 2016, 10:25:04 PM »
Here is one of my favorite unsolved mysteries! A hand-blown, Art Glass Studio piece. I have researched this piece beyond belief and can not figure out where it came from or who signed it. I have an hunch that it is European, but who knows? I hope someone that sees this can give me ANY info they think they might have!
I do know that Stueben made a clear Crystal loon with the almost the same exact dimensions, but no internal egg and no fancy etched signature.
Dimensions: 9" long, 3 1/4" wide, body 2 1/4" high, neck/head 3 7/8" high, beak 3" high. Mottled egg inside (approx.): 3 1/2" long x 2" wide x 1 1/4 high. It is very hard to measure something inside blown glass, due to the illusion effect created, but those are by best estimates.
I think the loon and her egg, (must be a female, right?...it's got an egg in it) are an awesome combination and create a visually beautiful match! Any thoughts?
westred......yea, ya betcha!

And God said, "Let the weights hold down the papers!"

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Re: Need help IDing glass loon with signature on bottom...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 11:21:27 PM »
Great Pics WestRed.....I hope the Great People here can help ya!!

I tried googling everything already!!

~ Welcome over here too ~

;)
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand