No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Reijmyre H and M vase signed by M. Hennix  (Read 1932 times)

Offline beasoriginals

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • mid century glass
    • UK
Reijmyre H and M vase signed by M. Hennix
« on: July 09, 2016, 09:29:00 PM »
Hi everyone!
I bought a vase at auction today because it was signed at the base and has a Reijmyre sticker, it is marked with a pattern of H's and M's. I have spent the last couple of hours researching and found that the signature says

H and M 50 years M Hennix 

Is anyone familiar with the piece or have any idea when this piece was made?  I have only been able to find a small amount of information about the designer Margareta Hennix but it's all in German (I think)  I am desperate to know more and would be so grateful if anyone could help. No photo at this point due to a technical hitch and my impatience to know more 😀   

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
Re: Reijmyre H and M vase signed by M. Hennix
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 11:02:03 AM »
Apparently she worked freelance for them from 1993-96 and then returned to design for them in 2001. So your piece will date somewhere between 1993 and 2001, as I presume that just because she didn't design for them during 96-01, it doesn't mean that her designs were not in production.
Hope this helps, but a photo would help  ;D
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Offline beasoriginals

• Members
    • mid century glass
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 04:44:13 PM »
Thank you so much for responding. I am still having trouble getting a photograph but found an identical one on eBay in Germany. The signature to the base is the same but mine is set out in a different position. I would love to know what the fifty years is referring to, obviously some celebration, and whether this piece is a limited edition     

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 06:10:34 PM »

I think this is the one you mean?

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/signed-reijmyre-scandinavian-retro-1784111741

I have found three, so far, but not a reason as to why they were made  ??? I will, however, keep looking
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Offline beasoriginals

• Members
    • mid century glass
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 06:16:18 PM »
Yes that's the one! The more I look at it the more I think maybe it's something to do with the clothing company, the pattern is very similar to the logo. Thank you again for all your input, it is greatly appreciated 😀

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 06:18:43 PM »
So, dug a little more and the store H & M was formed in Sweden in 1947 and celebrated their 50th Anniversary in 1997, a period when Hennix was working for Reijmyre, so the clothing company looks favourable.

Offline beasoriginals

• Members
    • mid century glass
    • UK
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 06:26:44 PM »
Brilliant, thank you so much. Shame there is no number to identify how many were made, what a great little bit of glass history though 😁

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand