No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Harbridge crystal.  (Read 2243 times)

Offline Mitch72

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • English harbridge crystal
    • Uk
Harbridge crystal.
« on: July 23, 2016, 01:14:50 PM »
Hi, I've been given mygrandmothers crystal set as shown in the photograph, it is stamped English Harbridge Crystal on the bottom of the jar with the silver spoon,I think it is a biscuit barrel jam jar with a real silver spoon, and butter jar, please can anyone give me any information on this set as I was wondering if it has any value, also I cannot see a stamp anywhere else except for the jam jar,thank you for your help.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Harbridge crystal.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 02:00:30 PM »
regret still too small Mitch  -  sorry.                 

Offline Mitch72

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • English harbridge crystal
    • Uk
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 02:09:20 PM »
Lol sorry I am trying to change it for you.

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 02:47:34 PM »
Hi Mitch,

I have locked your other thread and will remove it soon as this new version with the images is the one we can focus on. I would have merged the two threads together but the posts would have been in a strange order. So I have chosen this method.

In the original thread Paul S said:
Have seen your picture Mitch but the image is way too small to see details clearly.           I'm not the world's best to instruct re uploading pix, but can say that the first dimension can be 700 - if that helps you to resize.

No need to create a completely new post by the way -  just go back into your first one and attach your pix.

Harbridge was a short-lived firm that existed from 1924 to 1966, and apparently they produced nothing during the period of WW II, plus the fact that production ceased completely in 1955 apparently doing decorating work only after that.             In view of this, vastly less is known abut their output when compared to factories like Stuart, T/Webb, Webb Corbett, Walsh and E. & L.
However, do have a look at the GMB search facility - it's not a separate forum  -  you just press on the Search button at top of the page and enter Harbridge - you should get a substantial amount of information - although not necessarily details on your set.
Someone here may have information for you  -  occasionally we need to be patient and wait for them to see you post before they will look in.

The above information re Harbridge comes courtesy of Nigel Benson :)
KevinH

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 02:57:58 PM »
For help on using images in the GMB, please see: TECHIE TIPS: Resizing images to fit the board

If you still have problems, just add a post about it. And if all else fails, you can send your original pics to me (click on the email icon below my Username to the left) and I will try to sort things out.
KevinH

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 05:58:51 PM »
suppose we should wait for better scaled pix before commenting but.............    I'd suggest that not all of these pieces are related to each other,
and until we see better pix not possible to be sure.                   In view of the comment  .... 'I cannot see a stamp anywhere else except for the jam jar', might suggest that this is the only Harbridge piece.

Outside of the very few cut designs for Harbridge, which can be seen in the Board's archive, I'm not aware of any catalogue pages that can be accessed to help for this factory.
The oval 'plate' may well be a trinket tray, and unrelated to the other pieces  - the sort that our Grandmothers had on their dressing tables, mostly during the first half of the C20, on which stood cream jars, sticks, powder pots, ring holders etc.         

The suggestion that the spoon is a solid silver spoon should be easy enough to confirm by the presence or otherwise of the lion passant - unfortunately I think most of these things turn out to be EPNS - although hope your were right first time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand