No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Green Highball (pint) Glass from 1960s - ID = Martha Stewart Everyday coll'n  (Read 1921 times)

Offline buffalojeffrey

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • USA
I'm looking for information on the green highball glass, which I believe is from the 1960s. The glass is the size and shape of a standard pint glass and weighty (at the bottom). There are no bubbles at the bottom (see photo) and there's some sort of mark, MS3, which appears to have been stamped in reverse.

My fiancee has a pair and I just broke one last night while doing the dishes so I'm hoping that some more information may lead me to a replacement or two.

Thank you in advance for your help and any information you can provide!

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
Re: Green Highball (pint) Glass from 1960s
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 04:50:52 PM »
Jeffery I'll offer some advice since this is utilitarian ware & not collectible as such. Trying to find a common matching drinking/beverage glass from the 50s is like hitting the lottery because here in the U.S. utilitarian glasses such as yours are turned out by the millions each year & so what I suggest is you search for any outlets in your area which would include any Target, Walmart, Sears, Penneys, etc. & use the search term "glassware" on line to see wghat they offer. Two brand names in the U.S. are Anchor Hocking & Libbey that manufacture decent quality glassware. By all means you can continue to find a match, however my advice since it is utilitarian glassware is simply to check out on line whats available & if you find something you both can live with hop in the car & go buy it rather than continue searching for something you in all probability will not find.

Offline buffalojeffrey

• Members
    • USA
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 05:25:03 PM »
Ohio, many thanks for the speedy response. My question to you is, if these are utilitarian (as opposed to 'collectible') is the difficulty of finding them that they were mostly junked or that people don't bother to list? I'm constantly amazed by how many people are selling old mason jars, depression glass measuring cups, etc and while these may not be valuable, I have to imagine that compared to some of the things on ebay that they would be worth someone's while.

With that said, although I'd like to find an exact match, we really like the style so anything (new or vintage) would suffice but I have yet to find heavy green glass pints. Any ideas of where someone may have something a bit more off the beaten path?

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 03:52:14 AM »
Yes these are utilitarian & not terribly expensive so usually not worth listing. Now as far as eBay...well I would try these exact worded searches just to give a start & then if all else fails just use the keywords "green highball glasses". Best of luck.

Libbey Aqua Ripple Highball Glasses 14oz Set of 8 in Original Box Hostess Set

Anchor Hocking Emerald Green Tartan Plaid Iced Tea Glasses Set Of 4

Pair~Vintage~Anchor Hocking~Green~10 Panel~Drinking Glasses~12 oz Tumblers

Anchor Hocking Tartan Emerald Green Teal Ice Tea Drinking Glasses Tumblers

Offline buffalojeffrey

• Members
    • USA
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 03:47:30 PM »
Ohio, many thanks once again for the suggestions.

I'm embarrassed to say that after doing some digging I found out that the glasses were from the Martha Stewart Everyday collection (http://www.replacements.com/webquote/mwymwy11.htm?cn=0019820933&rplSrc=LET&rplSubEvent=1077). There are some tumblers right now on ebay (in my opinion way overpriced at $75/set of 4 http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/322189655181?item=322189655181&vectorid=229466&rmvSB=true) so it looks like I just need to be patient now and check every few days.

Credit where credits due, replacements.com were the ones who figured out most of this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand