No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Anyone know this mark- etched BR-M on stemware?  (Read 1857 times)

Offline catshome

• Members
    • Most glass and studio pottery
    • UK
Anyone know this mark- etched BR-M on stemware?
« on: July 17, 2006, 05:54:22 PM »
Hi All,

Seen on the bottom of 3 glasses, etched, BR-M.  Reads when the glass is put down, rather than when you turn it over.

I wondered if it was something like British Midland, but the glasses seem a bit small for commerical use.

Many thanks
Cat
Cat 😺

"There is very little knowledge that can't be obtained through effort"  -  Mark Cuban

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 09:14:21 AM »
Possibly British Railways - Midland Region. Restaurant cars use to have full services. The typeface would be identical to other items so look up British Railwayana sites to match.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 03:23:52 PM »
Don't waste time on Railwayana, I did :? virtually no glass and almost all of the ceramics were later or earlier periods. You could try writing to one of those sites to query the date period that BR-M would have been used. I think 1950/60's.

Do you have a picture of the piece?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand