No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Chris Buzzini history  (Read 4390 times)

Offline Rick Pfliger

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Paperweights
    • Canada
Chris Buzzini history
« on: October 03, 2016, 01:52:02 PM »
I am attempting to organize Chris's weight signatures according to when he worked at Orient & Flume (1973-1975), Bridgeton Studios (1976-1978), Lundberg Studios (dates unknown) and Correia (dates unknown).  I believe he started his independent career in 1986.  I attempted to contact Chris but I believe he is now retired.  I would appreciate confirmation of the the dates I think I know and filling in the blanks of the ones I don't.

Offline Wuff

• Members
    • Scotland's Glass
Re: Chris Buzzini history
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 05:20:04 PM »
According to my information he worked ... at
1972-1975 Orient & Flume
1976-1978 Bridgeton
1979-1981 Lundberg
1982-1986 Correia
since 1986 independent
Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Interested in any aspect of Scottish glass? Have a look at Scotland's Glass.

Offline Rick Pfliger

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Paperweights
    • Canada
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 11:46:03 AM »
Thanks Wuff. Exactly what I needed! I rechecked Chris's Facebook page.  The last posting from Chris in June 2015 stated that after 45 years he was retiring and heading back to California.

Offline TanToday

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 11:16:02 AM »
Recently his finer paperweights have been among the highest prices for modern American makers. In his latter years, Chris made some of the finest floral encasements ever made. Two examples from our collection ....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand