No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Skrdlovice Vase and Mstisov Bowl  (Read 2784 times)

Offline Gowdod

• Members
Skrdlovice Vase and Mstisov Bowl
« on: October 22, 2016, 08:20:10 PM »
Dear All,

All Czech'd out today....

I think a Bohuslav Beranek vase, 25cm tall, quite a lump and the bowl, well 44cm at it's widest, more than quite a lump.  :)

With kind regards

Andrew

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
Re: Skrdlovice Vase and Mstisov Bowl
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 08:44:32 PM »
Second one is Mstisov surely.

The first, by shape looks like Skrdlovice, but theese colour's combination is unknown to me and very unusual for the end of 50ties. I would not attribute this piece to Skrdlovice, rather to another Czechoslovakian factory - Chribska. BUT.

It might to be Beranek (Jan). He studied in Chribska.

I would wait for Robert Bevan-Jones (bOBA),  his oppinion should be very usefull.

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 05:44:11 PM »
Just my two cents...  I'd say the vase is certainly a Bohuslav Beranek design, and produced by Skrdlovice.  I've had a couple 1950s Skrdlovice pieces in that particular colour combination. 

:)

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 04:21:56 PM »
Hi all,

I just saw this, nice pieces. There are so many colours out there, some only produced in tiny numbers, some more common. I like the Bohuslav attribution but I have not checked the patterns yet for an exact match. I have had a 1960 Stahlikova peaked vase in this colourway I think. The bowl is on Jindra's site, when he helped find out from Moser, the pattern numbers for the range, when it came out during the Karlovarske Sklo time slot of the glass production, which sometimes, Moser today cannot verify, as it was not a normal time period of production. However, there is an article on Jindr'as czsklo site that confirmed the making of this range.

Robert (bOBA)

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 07:15:00 AM »
It was short, but interesting period on glasswork history. Mstisov glasswork was closed in 1964 because enhancing coal mining in that region and fabrication moved to Karlovarske sklo (formerly and now Moser) with old patterns. New patterns have been designed later by Mr. JELINEK and SUHAJEK.

Unfortunately I have missed this exhibition:
http://www.kudyznudy.cz/aktivity-a-akce/akce/sklo-ze-mstisova,-zname---nezname.aspx

Hopefuly I will find more details from curator of it.

Offline Gowdod

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 10:33:44 PM »
Dear Anik, Robert and Jindra,

please accept my apologies for my tardiness in not having responded earlier.

I must say your knowledge and willing to share is fantastic. Thank you. Bravo. :-)

The recent Beranek book is educating my eye.

For fun I think I may have a couple of E. Beranek Fish too.... I'll dig them out.  :)

With kindest regards

Andrew

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand