No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Hoffman Moser vase? ID = Rudolfova Hut  (Read 4257 times)

Offline SNJ

• Members
    • Cornwall
Hoffman Moser vase? ID = Rudolfova Hut
« on: October 27, 2016, 09:04:48 PM »
Apologies if anyone has read this ID request on 20th Century Forum but due to a lack of response I thought I'd better come to the experts instead! (I know, I know, they really know their ceramics over there and it is SO much easier to post photos without having to go through the resizing malarkey).

Anyway, I was quite taken with the chunky shape of this vase when I bought it from a charity shop a couple of years back, but thought little of it. I had it rolling around the boot of the car for a few months, then left it on the front wall collecting rain water and green slime until a few days ago. While researching (well, Googling images of) another Deco vase, I noticed that my neglected vase was similar to a Josef Hoffmann-designed Moser vase. Would anyone with superior knowledge (and in this case, that's barely above nil) care to cast their eye over the photos and offer an opinion, please? Height, by the way, is 19.5cm.

Offline Greg.

• Members
Re: Hoffman Moser vase?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 09:30:37 PM »
I think this one is Czech and a Rudolf Schrotter design.

Offline saj204

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • UK
    • RetroWithStyle - Etsy Shop
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 02:29:00 PM »
Hi Guys

Yeah this is Czech. It is a Rudolfova Hut Vase Designed by Rudolf Schrotter Pattern No. 11558/A. I have one in green.

Stephen

Offline SNJ

• Members
    • Cornwall
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 06:39:47 PM »
Many thanks for the ID, very helpful.

These are the two dealers who claim a Hoffmann design, admittedly tentative attributions although the prices definitely aren't tentative!

http://www.moblerhome.com/large-art-deco-vase-by-josef-hoffmann-for-moser

https://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/decorative-objects/vases-vessels/vases/pair-of-art-deco-glass-vases-style-koloman-moser/id-f_904999/

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 11:12:02 AM »
They obviously live in hope

Offline fontanazul

• Members
  • Kristal-Poesie
    • Czech sklo
    • Málaga - Spain
Re: Hoffman Moser vase? ID = Rudolfova Hut
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 07:19:27 PM »
before Rudolfova, it was Inwald.
Daniel Muriel . [Kristal Poesie]

Offline SNJ

• Members
    • Cornwall
Re: Hoffman Moser vase? ID = Rudolfova Hut
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 09:24:33 PM »
I dug this vase out of the shed earlier and noticed that the base is etched 'Celery'. I don't know how I missed that first time around but, if nothing else, it proves that it is a 1930s or early 1940s piece, rather than a 1980s example.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand