No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Skrdlovice - Frantisek Zemek ( 5593 ) 4-legged art glass vase  (Read 2075 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Skrdlovice - Frantisek Zemek ( 5593 ) 4-legged art glass vase
« on: January 26, 2017, 04:19:31 AM »
Hi there, I thought I would post my new find a 4-legged Vase.  I think I have the maker correct since I also had the 4 legged bowl posted here a while ago....LOL.  This is a beautiful 4 legged Skrdlovice Vase from about 1955. About 7 inches tall, and has an top opening of about 5.50 inches across. The legs are about 2 inches in height.  I believe this Skrdlovice 5593, and that I believe the designer Frantisek Zemek. Any other info is ~ Most ~ Welcomed !!

***** The reason why I think I do have this info right AS YOU CAN SEE IN THE LAST PIC POSTED HERE -- I also have the bowl ( 5594 ) and you can see that link below and posted here on GMB.  Any additional info / correction is Welcomed.  Here is my Bowl with legs posted:

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,45858.msg256685.html#msg256685

Thanks in Advance !!   ;)

:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Skrdlovice - Frantisek Zemek ( 5593 ) 4-legged art glass vase
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 07:09:18 AM »
Nice one Rose, good find  :-*

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 01:34:02 PM »
I like these too! Lovely fifties "soft feel" glass and matching colours....... also a great designer, still more of his designs are being recognised once more... he produced so many before his early death in 1960, who knows what he would have done in the decades following..... still, we have lots that he did do, to impress us. I will try to find a picture to post of another he did at Skrdlovice, if I can find it.... such history in a (piece of) glass...

RObert (bOBA)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 08:39:51 AM »
Thanks lustrousstone for the Wonderful Reply and lovely comment!!   :-*

Thanks bODA for your info and about the designer.  Never knew he had an early death in the 1960's, shame.  Yes do post those pics and let me know when you do.   :-*

~ ~ Also bODA, could you take a look at my other 2 czech posts??  I would be greatly appreciative !!  Thanks in Advance !!
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand