No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this Caithness?  (Read 2016 times)

Offline chuggy

• Members
Is this Caithness?
« on: July 24, 2006, 05:03:10 PM »
My only buy over the weekend was this vase which is very heavy and has a lovely under the sea look to it. Now I think that I've seen a very similar vase with the same heart shapes only on a pale yellow background and marked Caithness. This has a white inner and is a nice item, but can anyone ID it either as Caithness or anyone else.

http://i7.tinypic.com/20tku2c.jpg

Paul
There is no distance on earth as far away as yesterday.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Pkay

• Members
Is this Caithness?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 10:45:30 PM »
Hi Paul,

the vase is definately by Caithness, as I have a couple of these with the etched mark on the base.  

Unfortunately, I've not been able to put a name to the design as yet, but have seen them in 3 different colourways to date, which are; pink, blue and turquoise.  
I'd be guessing for now, that these date to the late 80's or early 90's, as the vase shapes that I've seen, look to be the same as those used for the 'Adagio' range, which appears in the 1989 catalogue, but sadly, that's about all I know.  

Best wishes,
Pete
kay

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline chuggy

• Members
Is this Caithness?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 06:33:39 AM »
Thanks Pete I know there is a yellow version as I've seen one of those signed but as that was the only colour I'd seen I thought I'd better check with more knowledgeable folks on it.
Paul
There is no distance on earth as far away as yesterday.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Pkay

• Members
Is this Caithness?
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 02:42:35 AM »
Sorry to bump this one after so long, but I can now tell you the name of this range is Cadenza and appears in the 1988 catalogue.  
There are 7 shape codes and 4 colourways... Blue, Ruby, Emerald and Topaz.

These will likely have first appeared in slightly earlier catalogues, although I only have the 1988 one with these in, I know this range doesn't feature in the following years catalogue.  

Does anybody know who designed this range?  The index actually states;  'Cadenza - Award winning art glass'    .....'Award'???  8)  
Any info appreciated.

Pete
kay

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand