No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Dating Bergdala Rainbow Cordials  (Read 1965 times)

Offline KatW

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • USA
Dating Bergdala Rainbow Cordials
« on: February 03, 2017, 06:39:24 PM »
Hello!
Does anyone by chance know when Bergdala used the sticker pictured here? I'm trying to get an approximate age for this rainbow set of cordials - found them in their original wood crate!

Also, if anyone knows the pattern name and/or designer, that would be super!
Thanks everyone -
Kat W.

Offline kerstinfroberg

• Members
  • I'm foreign, please be gentle
    • Sweden
    • the Swedish museum of glass machines
Re: Dating Bergdala Rainbow Cordials
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 08:41:49 PM »
Not a very secure answer, but somewhere to start? - I moved here (to B) in 1996, and I *THINK* they weren't made until later - like summer '97? 
I also *think* they might be designed by Lena Linderholm.

I don't know that they have a name, as such.

There has been an number of goings on, changes of ownership, re-naming... over the last 20 years, but I can try to find out when these labels where used. Ill get back to you.

Kerstin in Bergdala

Offline KatW

• Members
    • USA
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 09:55:03 PM »
Thanks a million, Kerstin - I really appreciate your help and will look forward to hearing more when you can.
Cheers,
Kat W.

Offline kerstinfroberg

• Members
  • I'm foreign, please be gentle
    • Sweden
    • the Swedish museum of glass machines
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 04:57:33 PM »
I have been talking to the locals, with varying results...

One person is adamant that labels like these (the bottom line) have never been used.

2 persons said 1970-ies, until I mentioned the actual glasses. Both thought they were first made in 1990+, but were still confused by the labels. One suggestion: maybe "older" stickers were used on glass(es) for export.

Several more agree with the dating, 1990+, possibly a little later (like 1997, maybe...).

I have 2 suggestions for designer, namely Lena Linderholm and Thommy Bremberg (http://www.bremberg.se/ )

One thing is sure, though: the model is called Piggelin. They are still made, but without the box. Nobody can remember bigger versions, īsuch as wine glasses ot the like.

Offline KatW

• Members
    • USA
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 09:06:19 PM »
Thank you so much, Kerstin - I can't tell you how much I appreciate all of your detective work.

I had a hunch that the glasses were likely at least middle-to-late 90s - and I am so glad to know the model name as Piggelin!

You have really made my day, Kerstin - thank you!
Cheers,
Kat

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand