Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > British & Irish Glass

Whitefriars knobbly vases

<< < (4/4)

Anonymous:
The vase attributed on the Svazzo website as "RARE! Triangular Shaped Vase with "Marletto" Design in White. Marletto Designs are often attributed to Archimede Seguso" is actually Czech rather than Murano. There was a discussion about these pieces on the Murano board.

svazzo:
Thanks Frank!

So Bohemian is a likely source? I have to say I am so concentrated in Murano that haven’t had a look at that manufacturer yet.

Bernard...
I can discount WF for sure then? Ok, I'll try and search more on the Murano sites, and now Bohemian, to see what else I can find out. I havent seen this piece on any of the Piña books either.

For Guest...
Thanks for the comment on the Marletto style vase. I will check the Murano discussion board and see what I can find. Will make changes accordingly.

Thanks!
Javier

svazzo:

--- Quote from: "Anonymous" --- .... is actually Czech rather than Murano. There was a discussion about these pieces on the Murano board.
--- End quote ---

Hi Guest,
The change has been done! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I havent read all the posts on the boards, so if you have any other suggestions that have been brought up on attributions, let me know.

Sklounion:
Under advisement of my peers, and elders, I post this link: http://tinypic.com/18cg07
The image (hutnicky tvarovane vazy, 1954, Skrdlovice) by  Frantisek Zemek, photographer Jindrich Brok, is sourced from: Jiri Masin: "Frantisek Zemek", published by Nakladatelstvi Ceskoslovenkych Vytvarnych Umelcu, Praha 1963, and the image is the copyright of Jindrich Brok, or his heirs. At the request of the copyright holder this image will be immediately removed....This image was the reason for the original posting.
Marcus

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version