No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Could this bowl be Ikora?  (Read 2487 times)

Offline salsor

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • USA
Could this bowl be Ikora?
« on: February 15, 2017, 11:54:07 PM »
Wondering if maybe this bowl is Ikora although I have not found anything similar. It is thick walled. It has cracklure. Exterior has a silvery blue iridescence, not strong, not visible from all angles. It has controlled bubbles which may be hard to see in photos. They are uniformly spaced in rows around the bowl.

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Re: Could this bowl be Ikora?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 06:25:21 PM »
Hi,
though you nice bowl seems very similar to WMF Ikora glass at first sight, IMHO it is rather not.
The exterior has open crackle as far as I can see, not something I have ever seen with Ikora glass.
The base finish seems wrong, too. Ikora pieces usually have a flat polished base, early pieces a perfectly circular pontil mark.
The shape is not in the Ikora book either.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.
There were several glassmakers particularly in the Art Deco period producing pieces with crackle pattern...

Michael

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
Re: Could this bowl be Ikora?
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 02:24:18 AM »
Reich/ CMS, Krasno made pieces that sometimes get confused with Ikora. Not sure if this is one of them but it might be worth looking into.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand