No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Severin Brørby vase ?  (Read 1579 times)

Offline ju1i3

• Members
    • London
    • Hyacinth Vases
Severin Brørby vase ?
« on: March 16, 2017, 06:45:34 AM »
This was originally listed on ebay as a "hyacinth vase". After receiving it, I see it's massive! (width-wise), height is a reasonable 19 cm tall. A hyacinth bulb just drops right through the opening. Comparison with some hyacinth vases in my pic. So I thought I'd try an amaryllis bulb. The bulb I got is kinda big. I had to push it through the top but once in it's fine as far as the bulb being held above the water and the roots being in the water. (I haven't thought yet how I'll get it out.) I could have shopped around for a smaller amaryllis bulb when they were on sale before Christmas but they were all sold out by the time I got the vase and tried to put a bulb in it. 

Is this indeed by Severin Brørby for Hadeland and was it intended as an amaryllis vase?

thanks for any thoughts
Julie

Offline ju1i3

• Members
    • London
    • Hyacinth Vases
Re: Severin Brørby vase ?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 08:42:18 AM »
It worked just fine as an amaryllis vase. The bulb shrank over time and it was easy to lift out allowing fresh water to be added.

This variety of amaryllis has turned out to be shorter (and more blooms) so it didn't fall over like some I've had in the past.
Julie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand