No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Can't identidy glass Art Deco sugar bowl- please help?  (Read 2328 times)

Offline glass777

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Glass
    • UK
Can't identidy glass Art Deco sugar bowl- please help?
« on: March 16, 2017, 07:00:38 PM »
Can't identify the make of this Art Deco sugar/sweet bowl or trinket.

It's a clear bowl with diamond design and unique handle.

I've been researching for days, and I can't seem to find anything.

I would really appreciate your help (please see picture).

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Can't identidy glass Art Deco sugar bowl- please help?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 09:37:35 PM »
Hi - welcome to the GMB :)                   You don't provide any dimensions of your glass, but my opinion is that it has nothing to do with sugar or sweets  -  but I'd suggest you are probably nearer the mark with 'trinket' item.
It has the looks of an item from a trinket tray set  -  could be for powder or cream perhaps, so would suggest you search related items.     I don't suggest you will find a match, but hopefully you will see similar pieces with similar looking finials.
Can't really see from your picture whether this is cut glass or pressed, but if pushed for some sort of provenance or origin I'd think along the lines of Czechoslovakian and date wise possibly 1930 - 40 period.

It may well simply be a modern copy of an older style - not possible to tell from just looking at the screen - and anything can be deco provided it simply fulfils the criteria of the deco style - whether made yesterday or in 1928 :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Can't identidy glass Art Deco sugar bowl- please help?
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 02:49:24 AM »
It is from a trinket set, I'm pretty sure I have info about this somewhere, I will look it up when I have a few minutes - that won't be for a couple of days though, really busy workwise just now.

I have removed your eBay listing, as links to your own live sales are only allowed in the Market Place forum not the discussion and ID forums... please see the description below each forum's name on the main screen as to what should be posted where.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand