No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano Pasta Glass with Gold – Fish Sculpture – ID Help please  (Read 1589 times)

Offline sawi

• Members
    • Austria
Hi, any suggestions who made this heavy fish sculpture? And when was it made?
I'm sorry for that bad pictures, but i can't take better pics cause the seller didn't cared about sufficient packaging, and the item is broken into 1000 pieces :(
Dimensions: 22 x 25 x 11cm

Offline sawi

• Members
    • Austria
Re: Murano Pasta Glass with Gold – Fish Sculpture – ID Help please
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 08:41:07 AM »
I've another question. Have somebody expierence with restauration of glass? I've got some other items that i received broken (they aren't damaged like this fish sculpture, only 1 piece is broken off). Is it expensive to restore glass professional?

I would be grateful for any information.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Murano Pasta Glass with Gold – Fish Sculpture – ID Help please
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 03:50:53 PM »
That is heartbreaking....

It has the look of 1930s Murano, like MVM Cappellin or Venini.

No idea about restoration in Austria, if you want to try glueing anything yourself use the glass glue that is cured by UV light, it dries perfectly clear.

John

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand