No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano penguin (Signed), a modern Murano swan and a leaping bird (? no marking)  (Read 2438 times)

Offline ShiroTak

• Members
  • Everything we made deserve a chance to survive
    • 18th - 20th art glass
    • UK
Dear fellow members

I am new to this forum and I am hoping to solve some mysteries of these glass birds.   Internet is full of noise, I just could not make any conclusive thoughts on these.   

The first one is signed Murano penguin with the head tilting to one side,  I could not find a match to the signature.   I have a feeling that it may be V. Nason after visiting the Murano zoo but it could just be any random dude's creation.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9szgtag40ivLUctOVVqNG1uek0

The second one is the cobalt blue included swan with the Murano sticker,  it looks very modern to me.  Unknown maker , Formia ??   I have no idea.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9szgtag40ivWW1WNG9pZVpqVlU

Finally it is the leaping bird which I think that may be from the same maker as the penguin or not .

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9szgtag40ivLXZFcE55Q2hMSVE

I hope that the images are good and clear.   I would be delighted to hear from any of you.

Thank you very much
Chris
18th century Glass is great but 20th century glass is way more artistic and free.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline ShiroTak

• Members
    • 18th - 20th art glass
    • UK
Just included smaller version of the photos. 
18th century Glass is great but 20th century glass is way more artistic and free.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Hi Shiro Tak, I can help you with two of these.
You are correct, the penguin is V Nason, and the bird is Riejmyre Glass from Sweden.
Sorry I can't help with the swan. :(
If you have other pieces that you need help with, it is best to add them on here one at a time so that each can be dealt with individually. 
Also, it does help a lot to have a base picture for each of them.
Rosie. :)
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline ShiroTak

• Members
    • 18th - 20th art glass
    • UK
Hi Rosie, 

Thank you very much for your help!  I am pleased about it.

I was new and a bit in a rush to find out the answers.  It is a good point to add them one at a time.  I will do that in the future.

Thank you and best wishes
Shiro 

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand