No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Green glass candle holder - Uranium glass? - id request  (Read 709 times)

Offline heartofsklo

• Members
Green glass candle holder - Uranium glass? - id request
« on: April 04, 2017, 04:06:26 PM »
Green candle holder with one side upturned. Not sure if it is uranium glass or not, it looks like its is. It measures 21.5cm (8.5inches) appx across and (7.5cm) 3 inches appx to the tip of the upturned area.

No makers marks and there is a raised rounded bump to the centre of the base.

Any help appreciated.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
Re: Green glass candle holder - Uranium glass? - id request
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 01:33:23 AM »
Fostoria 'Heirloom' maybe? They did a range with this style of ribbing and in various opalescent colours.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline heartofsklo

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 09:03:45 AM »
Many thanks Mosquito, that is great and a maker that I would not have twinned with the piece at all.

Thanks again for the id.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline heartofsklo

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 11:57:38 AM »
After looking around the net, I am wondering if these were actually intentionally made as candle holders?
I have seen many images of the ¨Heirloom¨ range and some have an epergne/vase or a smaller bowl sat in the centre as here http://thefrontporchantiques.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/DSCN1867.jpg

Here is another image, this time of a central vase with connector/noggin https://img1.etsystatic.com/133/0/9467046/il_570xN.989423265_p929.jpg

Do you think that these pieces like mine are simply missing a partner piece and therefore now classed simply as candle holders?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand