No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Helena Tynell - where to buy?  (Read 2057 times)

Offline Ben.unwin

• Members
    • United Kingdom
Helena Tynell - where to buy?
« on: April 13, 2017, 04:42:35 PM »
I have been collecting Riihimaki glass vase's designed by Henela Tynell for some time now, but I am struggling to find any new bits. Does anyone know a good place to buy them from? I'm currently following Etsy and eBay but they don't come up often and when they do - chances are I have that one already.
I am based in the UK and postage costs are no problem for me. Just wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction  ;D

Ben

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
Re: Helena Tynell - where to buy?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 10:01:29 AM »
Have you tried http://www.laatutavara.com/?page=haku&hakuteksti=riihim&Submit=Hae
You can change the language to English on the right hand side of the page.
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Offline Ben.unwin

• Members
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 02:18:59 PM »
Thank you Della, an interesting website which such a wide array of things.
There's also a history of things sold so it gives me an idea of what things would cost were they available for sale.
I've just been looking and it doesn't look as if they accept PayPal which I prefer to use as it protects the buyer from any mishaps.
It's still a little hard to understand even with google translate!  ::)
Not sure I understand the structure of the site, is a privately owned shop or someone selling goods on peoples behalf's?

Ben

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 03:31:23 PM »
I presume it is a bit like Amazon, with individual sellers, or a really good internet shop! You can pay with credit card, which gives the same protection.
I use it mainly for eye candy, as a lot of pieces are now out of my reach money wise.
You can ask a question about any item, scrolling down under each actual item.
There are some cracking pieces on there, though some prices are very rich considering the value of the pound to the euro. Hopefully that will calm down in time.
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Offline taylog1

• Members
    • 1950's Scandinavian glass
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 05:01:15 PM »
There's also this one. it's been around for a while but have never used; good luck !

http://www.huuto.net/hakutulos?words=Tynell&area=

Offline Ben.unwin

• Members
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 11:54:38 AM »
Both great places to buy, its just the language barrier but google translate will help me out!
Yes, such a shame about our currency being so weak against the euro at the moment, not the best time to buy.
If anymore places come to mind, just let me know  ;D

Ben

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand