No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Opalescent blue jug and bowl, ID = Davidson  (Read 1369 times)

Offline SNJ

• Members
    • Cornwall
Opalescent blue jug and bowl, ID = Davidson
« on: April 15, 2017, 08:40:43 PM »
Would anyone be able to name the maker and pattern, please? Quite a distinctive pattern with the rope border, reeded flutes, stepped square bases and the line of moulded scallop shells to the inside edge of the underside.

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Pressed glass 1840-1900
    • Wales
Re: Opalescent blue jug and bowl
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 02:49:57 PM »
Davidson, pattern number 139, an unregistered design that appeared in the catalogues between 1880 and 1890.

Please see attached photos of the catalogue illustration, sugar and cream in clear glass (both unmarked), and a cream jug in purple marbled glass (with the Davidson demi-lion trademark to the bottom of the bowl interior).

May I have your permission to add copies of your blue pearline set to the Glass Queries Gallery of Davidson unregistered designs, please?
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/thumbnails.php?album=1013

Fred.

Offline SNJ

• Members
    • Cornwall
Re: Opalescent blue jug and bowl, ID = Davidson
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 04:24:47 PM »
Hi Fred,

Long time no speak - I think last time you were about to visit Tutbury. Many thanks for the ID of the Davidson and, of course, please feel free to make use of the images in any way that you want. They're on Photobucket at the moment so I'll be deleting them at some time in the future. Can you copy from the photos that I've posted on here or do you need me to email them to you?

Regards,

Simon

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Pressed glass 1840-1900
    • Wales
Re: Opalescent blue jug and bowl, ID = Davidson
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 08:08:58 PM »
Thank you for your kind permission, Simon.

I can copy the photos fine from your GMB post.

Fred.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand