No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Heavy aquamarine coloured glass vase, scandinavian or czech? ID = Skrdlovice  (Read 2045 times)

Offline kocoma

• Members
    • Italian and Czech glass
    • Germany
    • kocoma
I have bought this vase at an antique market. I love the brilliant aquamarine colour. It is very heavy, over 4 kg and 19 cm high. There is no signature but the seller told me, it could be scandinavian glass, I think it is czech. It is made of irregular melted round blotches. Any ideas are welcome :)

https://kocomablog.wordpress.com/2017/05/01/rare-and-heavy-aquamarine-coloured-glass-vase-scandinavian-or-czech/

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Re: Heavy aquamarine coloured glass vase, scandinavian or czech?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 08:04:36 PM »
Hi,
lovely piece :) -- definately Skrdlovice (colour is Azure), and designed by Frantisek Vizner.

I haven't seen this particular model before.
Had a quick look through the pattern books, and the line drawing which fits quite well is 7350/18 (so from 1973, height 18cm).

Michael

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
 :)
I'd looked and I'd had a little suspicion in my tummy it might be Vizner, it did remind me of the toffee-like rectangular amber blobs over green, but know too little to have said anything. I'm pleased with myself now.

It is a spectacular piece. The sort of thing your hands just itch to feel. :)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline kocoma

• Members
    • Germany
    • kocoma
Thank you :)

The Vizner piece in the pattern book is different. The piece is hard to describe, some "blotches" are melted over the other "blotches". I have seen a lot of glass, but never this one :) It is high quality, that's why I bought it.

Offline fontanazul

• Members
  • Kristal-Poesie
    • Czech sklo
    • Málaga - Spain
To the 7350/18 model. Vizner called it: SODA
* In these files of Jindrich Parik: we can see a sketch of the own Vizner and a photo of the model.
The photos are not very detailed. I have doubts. But they could be.

Drawings Skrdlovice pieces Vizner
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOTYd5QM88on-8A5UV3iuccYuI0XxNZzBlL7XRN-wNa5MifrhMKBhs9xbstj8W8rg?key=MkE4ekdmenJjY3I3blR3Wk8xOTdBYjVNY0NQYXhn

PhotosSKRDLOVICE pieces Vizner
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMp81ONbz4qcM13HF9RiRNltnu3j4yKGaThXyFTp2scZRM2UacGygDvZg2hhY1pCA?key=X21UX3ltUkxOZ09BajJqWmoxNXF0cU9iZFhYZW9n
Daniel Muriel . [Kristal Poesie]

Offline kocoma

• Members
    • Germany
    • kocoma
Thanks for the links :)
The colour looks right, sadly there is also no similar piece. Maybe it is a prototype?

Offline assaf

• Members
Well, I have nothing interesting to add, apart from saying that the piece is indeed beautiful, and I haven't seen one like it yet as well. I like reading the shared research seen here! and BTW Kocoma - your site is very nice, I like it!

Assaf

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
There were anomalies and prototypes made.
The rectangular-blobbed toffee over green piece I have is non-standard.
The base is not finished the normal way, it's the wrong size and there are more irregularities, (where the rectangles are not quite rectangular and maybe muddle with the ones beside them a bit) than normal in it.

I agree with assaf, your blog is lovely, a treat for the eyes. :)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline kocoma

• Members
    • Germany
    • kocoma
Thank you very much :)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Well, I was a little unsure just seeing the line drawing in the pattern book, but if you look closely at the link above to Vizner's models (1973), there is your fabulous vase, in colourless glass :)
PN 7350/18

So not a prototype, but a rare production piece.
(added: Irregularities are totally common in Skrdlovice glass from that period, so I wouldn't worry too much about the shape not being perfectly cylindrical)
The 4th pic in your blog looks a better match, shape wise.

BTW - I totally love your Murano glass collection (and photo skills).

Michael

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand