No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Second hand shop find. ID = Sean O'Donoghue, Australia  (Read 5671 times)

Offline Carien

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • glass art
    • New Zealand
Second hand shop find. ID = Sean O'Donoghue, Australia
« on: May 15, 2017, 10:38:11 PM »
Hi there, I hope somebody can help me finding the artist who made my little vase. It messures 20 cm high and it's colours are fantastic! Searching the net I found it could have been rolled in copper oxide when it was still hot to get those colours. Is that the technique used? On the bottom there is ingraved: 97 and a name which I can't read. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Carien

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Second hand shop find
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 06:28:53 AM »
Welcome to the board. A base shot and a close up (in focus) of the signature would be useful please

Offline Carien

• Members
    • glass art
    • New Zealand
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 07:31:25 AM »
Hi Christine, the only photo good enough is too big to post here. Maybe I can send it to you personally? Not sure how to do that though. Any help is greatly appreciated! Cheers, Carien

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 09:43:28 AM »
There is a whole load of techie info, tips and help here for posting and resizing images.

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,34093.msg362679.html#new

We look forward to seeing this a bit better, welcome. :)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline Carien

• Members
    • glass art
    • New Zealand
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 08:59:22 PM »
Thank you people! Please find attached photo of the base of the vase with that signature engraved in it. Kind regards, Carien

Offline brewster

• Members
    • Australia
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 10:25:36 PM »
That is another piece by the Australian glass artist Sean O'Donoghue. There have been several examples posted recently to the Board. Use 'Search' at the top of the page to find them. His signature varies a bit, but you will find some close matches. You might also try the incorrect spelling "O'Donohue".

Trevor
See my blog on Australian studio glass. There is now a Facebook page with Australian glass news.
The Glass Puzzles page is back on Facebook. Log in to leave a comment.

Offline Carien

• Members
    • glass art
    • New Zealand
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 10:48:12 PM »
Thank you very much Trevor! So nice to know I am the proud owner of a beautiful piece of Australian glass art! Best $2.00 spent last week:)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand