No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Rolling Pin Glass Vase  (Read 602 times)

Offline susantq

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Czech glass
    • UK
Rolling Pin Glass Vase
« on: June 15, 2017, 01:49:08 PM »
Just curious about this one. I bought it for £1 and bought it because I didn't know anything as I never seen one like this before. It's 11 inches high and 2.5 inches across and weighs 474 grams. Thanks, Sue.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Rolling Pin Glass Vase
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 05:47:48 PM »
well, that makes two of us Susan - I've not seen one either.             Tallish geometric shaped vases in blues, reds, greens are often Scandi pieces, but this one is not of that ilk I'd venture to suggest, but who knows  -  famous last words :)
There are zillions of pieces of glass that you and I have never seen, and probably never will  -  most of which unfortunately, will remain without an id, particularly in the absence of a label and/or a backstamp.
Less expensive pieces compound the problem, as there are so many of them, which is possibly why - with wisdom and hindsight - many folk confine their collecting to better quality glass, or at least pieces that have some form of verifiable provenance.

that's not to say you shouldn't buy glass like this  -  quite the opposite  -  buy simply what you like, it's just that chances of an id often recede in proportion to the cheapness of the item.   

Put some flowers in this one and enjoy it.               Having said all that  -  who knows, fingers crossed someone may now come along and provide an id. :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline susantq

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Czech glass
    • UK
Re: Rolling Pin Glass Vase
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 07:34:58 PM »
Thanks Paul, I like the shape I like the colour and I like the fact that it was only £1.  ;)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand