No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Heavy cut glass Orrefors signed bowl  (Read 1633 times)

Offline kenzierose789

• Members
Heavy cut glass Orrefors signed bowl
« on: June 26, 2017, 11:11:23 AM »
Hello, could someone please help me find the designer and, if possible, the name of my very heavy (approx 2 kg) bowl.  It is signed Orrefors in cursive script followed by a squiggle which could be an O or D not properly closed at the base, and then 4197 101.  Any guidance would be very much appreciated.

Offline ahremck

• Members
Re: Heavy cut glass Orrefors signed bowl
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 12:35:55 PM »
A photo is better than a thousand words at times.  Several are even better.  Provide a general view - as you would see it looking at it on a table.  A very clear shot of the signature is highly desirable.  A good trick is to take it outside in a clear or a cloudy day so the light is very even and thus there are few reflections if one is careful.   Typically also with a flat base you can achieve a better result by using a shallow angle rather than square on to the base.  Here is an example where it worked far better for me.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline kenzierose789

• Members
Re: Heavy cut glass Orrefors signed bowl
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 01:53:01 PM »
Thank you very much for your guidance.  I will do my best!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand