No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ID for bottle Green glass vase or carafe  (Read 710 times)

Offline janetsergison

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • England
ID for bottle Green glass vase or carafe
« on: June 28, 2017, 05:09:28 PM »
ID help please.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: ID for Green glass
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 05:52:12 PM »
hello  ...........    regret I'm not able to help at all, but one or two suggestions might possibly help others to look in with their ideas.      Your three words of text might lack the sort of encouragement some folk need in order to take some interest, plus it's common practice here as you've probably seen, to provide some idea of size of your glass.
In fact you can add as many words of related interest as you wish - perhaps where you found this item, whether it's heavy or very light in weight,
possibly if some length of time in the family  ............   plus comments on wear or lack of.             Your pix are very good, and size is more than useful  -  but, grand vistas of the garden and summer chairs are distracting  -  so a plain pale coloured background is much more appropriate.

My own very speculative thoughts on your glass might be  ...............   something perhaps from Spain, the Middle east or even the Far East, made to look older than it actually is  -  so I don't think this one is likely to be antique or similar - sorry to say.

Look forward to some more details - although in this instance don't think additional info. will provide the answer  -  glass lacking a label or backstamp is made and found everywhere, and mostly remains anonymous, unfortunately. :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
Re: ID for Green glass
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 11:53:53 PM »
Just to throw another possibility into the mix, it looks very like Mexican recycled glass. I know that was popular here from the 1990s onwards.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand