No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: A Mdina pulled ear vase from the USA  (Read 1845 times)

Offline Patrick

• Members
A Mdina pulled ear vase from the USA
« on: September 09, 2017, 09:15:35 PM »
Hi,
This vase was from an 'Estate sale' in the USA and probably originally bought from an importer there........

It has a paper tagged description booklet and is diamond scribed 'Mdina' to the base.

It also has a 'Made in Malta' label just up from the base with a number written on it.

Enjoy,

Patrick.

Ps. not sure why the Made in Malta has been crossed out ?

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: A Mdina pulled ear vase from the USA
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 03:14:35 PM »
Me neither but I think I have seen a few labels like that before, I guess it is possible the added lines may have another explanation of some sort.

Lovely to get the vase with the leaflet Patrick, nice vase too. Have only seen that leaflet once or twice.

John

Offline Patrick

• Members
Re: A Mdina pulled ear vase from the USA
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 04:37:57 PM »
John has very kindly sent me some literature that answers many questions about my vase.......

Firstly it was most likely imported by Georges Briard Inc. and the label with the number 7574 is the pattern number and is described as a 'Small Amphora Vase Amethyst'.       Priced at $13.50.

There was a larger version numbered 7568 priced at $17.50.

Thank you John.

Ps,  7572 sml. and 7568 lge.  were similar vases but in Blue/Green.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand