No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Iriscedent threaded vase from who?  (Read 3858 times)

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
Re: Iriscedent threaded vase from who?
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 02:45:04 PM »
In general, a majority of threaded glass attributed to Pallme Koenig is actually Kralik production.  PK threaded or veined production is in general quite a bit more organic in form. Loetz did not actually make a decor much like this, and attributions to Loetz are generally hopeful sellers   ;D

The three pics added here are to show a different in aesthetic between a PK decor, and Kralik's decor shift of that decor. The overall aesthetic difference seen in the first two images, are similar to the aesthetics if I accumulated images of Kralik and PK threading. I happened to have these handy. Pic 1 is PK.  Pic 2 is Kralik.

The third image is of PK threaded production, and I think the difference in aesthetic between those, and this example is like what is seen in the first two images.

I am pretty confident that your piece is Kralik production.

Hope this helps clear it up for you.
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2017, 11:10:01 PM »
A quick hijack to say hi to Craig  :) and a question please?
Craig if the top section are Pallme Koenig does it help identify my vase in this link as it appears to have remarkable similarities with the vase in the second row on the right?  I know it's not the same, but there is something about it which just makes the comparison stand out.
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,38715.0.html

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=38715.0;attach=114603;image

Sorry to derail the thread and thank you :)

m

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2017, 11:28:14 PM »
Hi back to m,

Still unidentified as far as I am concerned.... I have never thought the PK attribution of those pieces was very strong at all.  I do not know who it is by, but I would not say PK.  I have never seen the connection.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2017, 11:39:41 PM »
aaah one day we will find the maker ...  thank you :) 

m

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2017, 11:45:24 PM »
In my thanks post I originally mentioned the crimp rim but deleted it.
But actually the crimp on mine reminded me of this one which seem to be attributed to Pallme Koenig:
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/bf/e5/4a/bfe54a0857fffde43c71e090825589df--rousseau-lalique.jpg

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2017, 11:48:40 PM »
Not enough for me......  :-) 

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2017, 11:57:51 PM »
Might be worth investigating (ponders) - I will do some more looking :)

I have thought of one possible avenue.
I've emailed you about something else and hoping your contact is still the same.

m

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2017, 07:22:55 PM »
This example is quite indicative of Kralik production. PK production in general is known for much more organic forms, and also for specific color sets in their veined production. I would say this is Kralik production myself.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2017, 08:37:00 PM »
Thank you :)  (you did mean the piece in the link I posted in reply #14 didn't you? - just so we aren't talking at cross-purposes :)  )

So, maybe the rim formation might be another clue.  I'm sure I've seen another one or two maybe pieces in that deep red iridescent that might be Kralik as well.  I'll have to do some searching as I've lost all my research  ::)

edited - no, my memory failed me.  It was this type/shape or similar I seem to remember
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Art-Nouveau-Bohemian-Stolzle-Red-Iridescent-Art-Glass-Vase-with-Open-Work-Collar-/381610893935
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand