No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: 'Ice cut' vase with Harris signature........  (Read 8798 times)

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: 'Ice cut' vase with Harris signature........
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2017, 09:12:05 AM »
Show us some evidence then, otherwise anything you have to say is worthless.

Offline WhatHo!

• Members
  • Wolfie
    • Oxford UK
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2017, 07:10:03 AM »
For what its worth I think this signature is fake as well, and I think (In fact i know) that lots and lots of Harris signatures are being faked by amateurs and professionals alike and also its very likely you have some of these in your collection!!  Imho there is a great deal wrong with Patrick's signature, letter shaping, gaping, fluidity etc, which most has already been discussed. Also I have never seen his sig written on 2 lines before with just Malta at the bottom before. This sig looks sloppy to me and with all the fakes about, for me it not good enough just to say, oh he was having a bad day or he must of been holding between his knees.
Something you like, mail me! :)

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2017, 07:56:24 AM »
Ah, his masters voice. Likewise your thoughts hold no weight Wolfie without any proof.

Where are all these fakes? Show them to us.

Patrick's vase has that layout because there is not space to squeeze Malta onto a single line. Have you seen the layout on my fish vase with two lines facing each other. Do you think that is a fake as well?

Offline Patrick

• Members
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2017, 11:27:30 AM »
For what its worth I think this signature is fake as well,

It would be interesting to have your thoughts on when this 'fake' signature was applied...... ?

Offline Nemmie

• Members
    • South East England
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2017, 10:48:07 AM »
Is this one genuine?

Or did you include it in your two or three known fakes?

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/william-george-auctions/catalogue-id-wi410717/lot-d1a72fd0-e950-42ca-98c7-a6c500c31f1a

Does it remind you of any others you might have seen lately?

P.S I don't believe Patrick's to be fake (in my humble and paranoid) opinion. :)
“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.”
― Henry Ford

Offline Patrick

• Members
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2017, 01:03:48 PM »

P.S I don't believe Patrick's to be fake (in my humble and paranoid) opinion. :)

Thanks Denver,
I have asked the auction house if they could ask the seller for the history of my vase........ I think it is either from a house clearance or the estate of someone deceased. Certainly not from a glass dealer or a glass collector.
https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/peter-francis/catalogue-id-peter-10134/lot-ff569e0f-ce4c-4f06-9252-a7b600e95de9

The Hammer price was £110 for the 7 pieces. The other small lollipop is very interesting.

Offline Patrick

• Members
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2017, 01:13:26 PM »
I will report back.......

Offline WhatHo!

• Members
  • Wolfie
    • Oxford UK
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2017, 05:31:38 PM »
Hi Guys, I have since being doing some further research and I have found another vase in this same 'less neat' style sig and on 2 lines. From this I must conclude that either that Patricks is indeed correct or that its the same faker doing a very good job. I will keep both opinions open and carry looking into it. If I'm wrong I certainly do not mind admitting it, it's the facts about the glass that matter not egos.
Something you like, mail me! :)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2017, 07:25:43 PM »
But no images?
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline Nemmie

• Members
    • South East England
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2017, 05:49:45 AM »
That is because it is currently a live auction. I am sure once it has finished a link will appear. ;)

“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.”
― Henry Ford

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand