No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Daum Vase with no Cross  (Read 3598 times)

Offline Danno561

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • US
Daum Vase with no Cross
« on: September 14, 2017, 07:48:15 PM »
I can't believe that I didnt catch this but no cross of lorraine on the daum nancy mark.  I liked the look but seeking confirmation that value is insignificant.

Offline Anne Tique

• Members
    • Kingdom of Belgium
    • https://www.pinterest.com/annetiquebe/
Re: Daum Vase with no Cross
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 10:28:59 AM »
I always find it difficult .... attributing  pieces like this from just a couple of images. Copies are getting better and better and the only thing I know is that you can never judge/attribute a piece on just its signature.

Am I right in saying that the rim's been ground/polished? Could you add a couple of clearer images please and one of the bottom too?

Offline Danno561

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • US
Re: Daum Vase with no Cross
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 05:21:49 PM »
Thanks Anne.  You are certainly correct about the detail on some of the fakes.  I am currently traveling without access to the vase but will certainly post detailed images upon my return!

Thank you

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand