No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Please help identify etched signature on glass candleholders! ID = Orrefors  (Read 2404 times)

Offline JayC

• Members
Hello!

I'm new and need some experienced help.  I bought these candleholders a while ago and noticed they had engraved signatures on the bottom, (the signature I've supplied is the clearest of the two signatures).  I bought them because they have this wonderful look of water swirling down a crystal bowl and now I'd like to know who made them.  They are only about 3" in diameter but the really look terrific in the dark...with a candle of course.  Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Greg.

• Members
Re: Please help identify etched signature on glass candleholders!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 06:59:43 PM »
Orrefors  :)

Offline JayC

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 07:27:38 PM »
Wow...thank you for the fast reply!  However, I'm not certain; are you familiar with the pattern or designer?  I have a couple of pieces of old Orrefors (and some Kosta Boda vases) and they're different.  These may be mid-century but I don't think the signature is Sven Palmquist's.  If you could clarify with some further details it would be much appreciated!

Thanks, again for the really quick response!

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 08:27:53 PM »
I dont regonise the designer off hand. These just have the generic 'orrefors' signature.

Offline JayC

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 09:12:40 PM »
Okay...you knew how stupid I was being.  Honest, I had never turned them over so I never saw the etching from the proper perspective.  Thank you for the clarification because I would not have looked more closely if you hadn't said "generic" orrefors signature.  NOW it makes sense.  Thanks again, Greg!

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 09:16:13 PM »
No problem :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand