No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Walsh Walsh—Mother of Pearl ?  (Read 1095 times)

Offline marcus

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Art Deco Glass
    • England
Re: Walsh Walsh—Mother of Pearl ?
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 09:02:09 PM »
Scott - As far as I'm aware, there is no risk involved at all with using the tablets. They seem to be a 'gentle' method of removing grime & particularly lime-scale/water-marks inside of vases and decanters for example. The true beauty of using them, is that they can be simply used to do their thing overnight, and provided you only use hot water (appropriately temperature to suit to the glass piece itself) then all is well! It is a relatively low cost method too, whilst also not being labour intensive... Give it a go! You may be pleasantly surprised with the results. I've even used them on delicate free-blown Victorian vases without causing any detriment. I guess that if they are good enough for teeth, then they are good enough for glass too! They work wonders inside glass vacuum flasks, removing unpleasant odours whilst also disinfecting them cleanly and safely. 

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Scott13

• Members
    • Uk
Re: Walsh Walsh—Mother of Pearl ?
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2017, 10:09:50 AM »

Hi, still dithering !
Thanks for your reassurances.
Actually I’ve got used to the dark patches - they seem to give the iridescent bits a richer tone.
I’ll say anything to avoid taking action  ;D

Seriously, I will try the tablets — eventually !
Thanks

Scott

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand