No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Carrillo.  (Read 3626 times)

Offline marcus

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Art Deco Glass
    • England
Carrillo.
« on: September 25, 2017, 09:49:18 PM »
I received some interesting information recently from a lady that purchased a signed Carrillo opalescent glass bowl from me. Much Carrillo glass was marketed by Luminax, however I have thought for a long time that some Carrillo glass was produced at Choicy-le-Roi, who were without doubt the most accomplished producers of French opalescent glass in particular during the Art Deco period... Many would say Rene Lalique, but even he used the facilities at Choisy-le-Roi at some point in his career, as did Sabino and d'Avesn to name just a few... More recently I have purchased signed vases by Carrillo pics 2 & 3, which have almost identical/similarities to vases by Etling. Although not documented, one can assume that many artists from the period would have indeed at least known of each other and even more, worked with each other too and designed various patterns for others... The aforementioned lady, has the surname of Carrillo, and is fact related to him. He was Spanish, and as with like Sabino, and Daniello (who was also Italian and also designed for Sabino) fled their homelands during WWII only to end up in France... The Etling vase as pictured 1, has always been associated to being designed by Sevin, however I now question if this is the case, unless it has been 'accurately' established/recorded? After all, had the Carrillo vases not be signed, then would have no reason to doubt that they Etling??? Also in my collection is a magnificent Etling statue/lamp designed by Erte, which is probably unique, and I mention this soley due to most information said about Etling, suggesting that Sevin designed ALL of their items that featured a female, which simply is not true! Did Carrillo? It sure begs the question.

Offline Anne Tique

• Members
    • Kingdom of Belgium
    • https://www.pinterest.com/annetiquebe/
Re: Carrillo.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 10:06:19 AM »
In the French article in the Etling catalogue thread, three other names are mentioned, that might be worth investigating, if you like. The husband of Sévin, Delabassé seems to have models attributed to him and  Mr Béal and a Mme G. Granger are mentioned too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand