No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Daum Vase - César Baldaccini.  (Read 4411 times)

Offline Anne Tique

• Members
    • Kingdom of Belgium
    • https://www.pinterest.com/annetiquebe/
Daum Vase - César Baldaccini.
« on: October 30, 2017, 11:34:35 AM »
And the César goes to ... moi!  ;D

Sorry, I couldn't resist  :-[ ...   the César,  French equivalent of the Oscar, was designed  by the mentioned artist César Baldacinni, who also collaborated with Daum in the late 60ies and designer of this vase.

I managed to pick it up unidentified by the seller, even though it is signed just above the base, but It was covered in greasy gunk and so filthy, I couldn't even see through it (so grateful for the pack of wet-wipes that I always have with me when I go out visiting markets, car boots etc). I did recognise this model as being Daum, but it  took me three times to clean it up,  luckily there's no damage at all and it's like new, but then, it's not very old. I do like its design though and it is very different from the stuff I've brought back home in the last couple of months.

I've come across several results on the net but not one mentions the name of this model and that's what I'm looking for. A lot of 'Argos' vases designed by him, but they're turquoise blue and different in shape, but nothing about this model that's brown with aubergine nuances.

Anyone who happens to have this model referenced please?

Thank you for your thoughts.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Daum Vase - César Baldaccini.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 12:20:02 PM »
Well done Anne

Offline Anne Tique

• Members
    • Kingdom of Belgium
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 11:22:35 PM »
Thank you, but after some conversations here it needs confirming if this is one if Baldaccini's designs. For me, it does have an air of his themes 'Compressions' and 'Coulée Tranchée'.

Offline Anne Tique

• Members
    • Kingdom of Belgium
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 11:43:57 PM »
Just to add … found out yesterday that this vase is from a series called 'Agora', still attributed to him, CB,  but can't confirm it yet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand