No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ID Request On this Art Glass Bowl. ID = Peggy Karr Glass  (Read 3721 times)

Offline justjeff

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Vintage and art glass, crystal
    • Richmond, VA USA
ID Request On this Art Glass Bowl. ID = Peggy Karr Glass
« on: November 14, 2017, 05:59:34 AM »
Hi all, first post here and I'm pretty new to collecting and selling glass. I found this bowl (and two smaller but similar styled ones) at a local thrift shop. This one appears have the artists' names on the bottom but I'm having a hard time reading it and/or attaching the names to a studio. Can anyone help with the artist/studio and help describe or name the particular technique used to make this? The bowl measures 10 3/4" across and is about 2" tall. Thanks for any help that can be offered!

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Re: ID Request On this Art Glass Bowl
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 07:53:59 AM »
I think it is a Piece of ** PEGGY KARR ** fused Studio art glass.  I think she retired in 2016 or something

See HERE

AND here

...... and Welcome to GMB ;)

Some info on Peggy Karr Click HERE and she has a page on FB too for info etc
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline justjeff

• Members
    • Richmond, VA USA
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 08:03:46 AM »
That's definitely it. Thank you!!  :) How on Earth did you find that so quickly? So this is considered "fused" glass?

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 08:10:14 AM »
Here is a quote from one of the above articles ...lots or reading there, and info for you...and here is that quote;

"" Each piece of decorated glass is placed on a mold, which determines its final form. Most of the molds are produce in ceramic and coated with a clay dust which keeps the glass from adhering to the mold and which gives a unique pebble finish to the back of each piece. Peggy designed the kilns in the early 1990's specifically for her product. When the glass and color are heated to 1600° F they fuse together and form one piece of glass, sealing and protecting the design forever. Each piece of Peggy Karr Glass undergoes a thorough cleaning and inspection before it can bear our distinctive inscription; 'PKG...."""

There you go!  You can also look on E-Bay for other pieces of hers.  There that was fun...LOL  ;D

Sometimes we hit, and sometimes it takes years to figure something out .... but we work as a Group from all over the world.  Just a note too, several of people on here are also Glass authors on Books for Glass.  So your with a Great Group!  Again Welcome !!
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline justjeff

• Members
    • Richmond, VA USA
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 04:33:59 PM »
Wow, sounds like I stumbled across a fantastic resource and community. Hope to be able to contribute something to it in the future but if I'm up against book authors, I won't hold my breath  :D Thanks for all your help, Rose.  :)   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand