No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Trying to identify some wine glasses. ID = Holmegaard, Venus  (Read 1753 times)

Offline Mari

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • wine glasses
    • Norway
Trying to identify some wine glasses. ID = Holmegaard, Venus
« on: December 02, 2017, 08:59:06 PM »
I have some fairly old wine glasses, and I've searched the internet, but can't seem to find them. I believe that they are Danish, but not 100% certain. A picture of the glass is attached. Would greatly appreciate help with identifying them, as I would love to get some more of the same glasses.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Trying to identify some wine glasses
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 12:24:48 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)
I can't tell what the rim of the glass really looks like. Is it thicker than the rest of the glass?
Has it been heated to make it smooth, and can it be seen if that heat was applied by machine or by hand?
Or is it a tiny bit turned over?
A close up of the rim might help.  :)

The domed foot is a bit unusual for a machine made glass, I have some pretty uranium glasses with air-features in the stems, with domed feet myself and we suspect they are German, they're not good enough to be St. Louis.
I don't actually know which companies used this feature.

Have you tried trawling replacements.com ?
(Make sure you have a nice cuppa and some biccies, you'll be a long time.  ;D)

There are other people here who might know a lot more than I do. Hopefully, they'll say something too. :)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline Mari

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • wine glasses
    • Norway
Re: Trying to identify some wine glasses
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 07:46:30 AM »
Thank you!
Found them on Replacements:) They are Holmegaard Venus:)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand